Search For Treasures

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Film as Revelation

Today's post is dealing with a topic that I don't think I can fully verbalize. I'm here to talk about movies. However, I'm specifically talking about certain types of movies. These are the types of films that affect a person so much, that they transcend being a mere movie and become an experience.

What I mean by this is that the film affects on such a deep level, that it helps shape your mind, who you are at your core. Also, these are the films that you love despite any and all flaws it may have. These films only come a few times in one's life, or at least for me. I think that's the reason why it's really hard for movies to impress me fully. I enjoy movies, but there are few movies that I love wholly, especially animated films. I think it's because I've studied animation so much that my standards have become impossibly high that I'm bound for disappointment.

I'm looking for that next film experience that will enrich my life.

Here are a few that already have:











What are yours?

No comments: